I am a trustee and the founder of Karuna Action (formally known as Kingscare).
In April 2012 I stepped down from being the director and am pleased to say that the trustees appointed Simon Hannington as the director of Karuna Action.
I have not retired!!
I have not retired and will continue working for Karuna Action:
- As a trustee
- As an advisor to the new director and a part of his team
- As a consultant (though not at consultancy rates!)
- As an advisor/consultant to the trustees
- Devote much of my time to research and writing about the things I feel passionate about:
- Eliminating extreme poverty
- Giving time and money to charities
- Be available to speak at any meetings on the above subjects
Before 1988 I worked in the computer industry but became increasingly aware of poverty in the world and the devastating effect it has on people.
It started when I read a book “Rich Christians in an age of hunger“. I knew this book would change my life but I didn’t know how. I set out on a 10 year quest, reading secular books on poverty and books on a Christian response to poverty.
In 1988 I was able to take a year off work to determine my response to poverty needs in developing countries. I visited India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia and spoke to church leaders asking them, “How can we help”. Little did I realise that my problem solving skills in the computer industry was in fact training for problem solving in other ways.
To keep a long story short, Kingscare was born. Over the years we have raised and sent out millions of pounds and changed the lives of many people.
I feel passionate about reducing the dreadful effects of poverty and I feel passionate about showing compassion on those who have suffered the injustice of being trapped by extreme poverty.
My vision is to see a world free from the evil and injustice of extreme poverty.
- Follow this link to the new website www.karunaAction.org
- You can email me at email@example.com