I believe that the world is standing at the crossroads. Are we moving to a more united world where the problems of war, extreme poverty and disease are reduced or even eliminated? Or are we are moving towards a world divided by nationalism and racism resulting in war, economic disaster, deprivation and misery? Continue reading “Optimistic or Pessimistic future”
The people of the United Kingdom are about to make an important decision. Should we leave the European Union or should we stay in and try to reform it? I am appalled at the level of debate so far.
- Scare stories about the economy if we leave.
- Talk about an overcrowded island because of immigration.
- Politicians insulting one another.
- Total polarisation of views as though there weren’t good points on both sides.
- Talking down the 5th largest economy in the world.
I have been undecided but now must admit that I have made a personal decision but this article is not meant to be a one-sided presentation or tirade against the alternative point of view.